Tuesday 12 December 2017

Namesake

I feel myself being teared apart
By every step and every hour
I feel their hands pulling me down
This lugubrious place is who I am
And I cannot cut my roots
Despite all clues and shivers
That I feel behind my back
Inside I get to do my own paintings of myself.

And I drank it until the last
Drop of what I became in this past years
I drowned myself into the fresh poison
And abandoned all the ignorance
That keeps us safe from the world's
Creepy illusions
This heady illusions that kill
Every namesake within.

Do all who discover the stanchions
Of loneliness
Became alone?

The remote challenges of existing
This heavy burden that lies
Inside the soul
The pervasive but still subtle
Touch of solitude

I only embrace the shade that carries me.

No comments:

Post a Comment